Important: We only accept prose poetry; no traditional forms (sonnets, sestinas, villanelles, limericks, etc.).
Please submit 1-3 prose poems within a single Word document and wait for a response before sending us another. If you need to withdraw an individual poem (and not the entire submission of poems) from consideration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the title(s) that are no longer available.
Here are a few prose poems that we admire: The Fire Cycle by Zachary Schomburg and Two Prose Poems by Nin Andrews.
Please adhere to these guidelines when submitting to Pithead Chapel:
- Name, email address, and phone number appears on the first page of your submission
- Work is double spaced and has a 12-point font
- Document is saved as a rtf, .doc, or .docx file (we will not accept any other file types)
- Pithead Chapel doesn’t consider previously published work (this includes journals, blogs, etc.)
- Your third-person bio should be included in the cover letter